Tuesday 14 November 2006

A little bit of history

I always liked cooking! - (as long as I remember myself :-) )
I like the cooking shows on TV, I was buying a lot of cooking books. I enjoy the smell of cooking in my home, when the whole family is gathering for a dinner. It's always fun to meet with friends at home with good diner and wine. I used fantasying myself studying in Le Cordon Bleu and being chef.
After finishing my study (Computer Science) I worked 6.5 years as Software Developer in software development company. The last few years I was very unsatisfied at my work and every day I was coming from work complaining to my husband how unhappy am I with what I'm doing.
One day (I know that it is sounds strange) my husband asked me : "What is your dream? What do you really want to do most of all?" - and I am thinking to myself at that very moment - what did you smoked today? or Are you on drugs?
And I am answering - "Well, I don't know, I have almost everything...".
But he was (and still) very nagging person and kept asking me - "No, you don't understand me, what do you REALLY want to do with your life, and don't tell me that you want a nice house to buy, because if this is your dream, tomorrow we will buy one. What I want to know is what is your DREAM!!!"
And then, I looked deep into my self and then I answered -
"I want to learn to be a chef at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary school" (http://www.cordonbleu.net/).
After a long evening, I concluded that I have to do what I really want. We should go after our dreams and be 100% happy with what are we doing in this life.
The decision was made, and still, we kept it secret from all the people we know, because we realized - the responses will be very hard. For example: "What the hell are you doing, thinking and etc'. You both have a great jobs (two software developers with a good salaries) - why throw it away? You have a child (the punch under the belt) did you thought about her? and so on and so forth."
But more about it in the next chapter.

To be continued...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story is amazing. I would say it is astonishing!
I always was understandig a couple as two people that support each other that obviosly can help in a personal growing.
Sometimes we are looking at our partner and thinking "Why should I be with her?", but the correct question "What should I do that we still can be together?"

Unknown said...

סחטן על הבלוג חבל"ז נחמד מאוד

Anonymous said...

Предудущему anonimuous: ты сам дурак, не многим хватает смелости изменить жизнь координально и делать что хочешь.

Оля, уважаю тебя очень.