Saturday 10 November 2007

Intermediate Patisserie

It's about a month since I have started the Intermediate Patisserie term.
And shame on me, I haven't published any sweet picture!

So, here it comes! (After a couple of words of course :-) )
This term is a little bit complicate then the previous one, we are already supposed to know some basics.

And so far I can say that I like Cuisine more!
I'm not a person who likes cakes a lot, specially not cream or mousse cakes.
If I make a dessert at home it's usually will be some fruit pie or tart, or it's also could be very rich chocolate cake.

But most of all I like the smell of baking dough - danish pastry, brioche and so.
I'm as my Dad, like all the bakery and good breads. I think that's the only thing that I can't resist to. When I was pregnant with my daughter, my husband was bringing boxes of danish pastries, and I was able to eat a lot! The final result is a very very sweet girl!

So, I'm an opposite to my mum and husband - they like all things about chocolate. And as higher the percent of chocolate - is better! May be it's the basis of their good relationship - the chocolate desire :-).

Another thing, I hate doing the cake decoration staff - writing on cakes, piping, all of these beauty things.
But I'm doing all my best as you'll see on the pictures, because I have one and a half term till the chef hat!!!













Chestnut mousse encased in sponge













Sticky toffee pudding













Apple strudel





























Danish pastries - my favourite!
















Dobos chocolate sliceRoulade with raspberry cream













Pudding souffle













Crepe Soufflees Suzette














Fraisier













Opera

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely delightful !!! everything looks wonderful . .congratulations !!!! finish off your career and open up your own place !!! , it's the only way to continue living your dream . .I am already doing it down here in Mexico . .

BigCook said...

Thank you! And Good luck to you too!

Zoya said...

Yumm, so much beauty and I bet they all taste fantastic. I'm with you on pastry -> so much better than chocolate.