Thursday 10 January 2008

Superior Patisserie

This week I have started my last term in Le Cordon Bleu - Superior Patisserie.
My first day was a mess.
.
I don't remember if I mentioned before - we had two cars (one for my husband, one for me), otherwise it's a subject of much controversies - who will get the car and who will go by bus.
Unfortunately, one car died just a week before, and on my first day I took the bus to the train station. And of course I missed my train, and then were "minor delays" on a tube. So on, I came to school 30 minutes later. But chef was kind and let me come in.
.
The structure of the studies this term is completely different then previous. It's all about workshops. We no more sit and watch the demonstration, we just making things straight away (since we are smart know :-) ).
This term includes four modules: Chocolate, Sugar work, Plated restaurant desserts and boulangerie.
My favourite, boulangerie, is at the end. So no way to go, I'll wait to the end :-).
We have started from the Chocolate.
What can I say ?!
It's too much chocolate!!! It's three weeks of melting, smelling, building and decorating chocolate! At the end of the first day the chocolate was all over me - hands, face, clothes - sweet woman :-), and I deadly wanted to eat something salty like a gherkin :-).
.
It should be a heaven for chocolate lovers!
But I'll wait for my heaven - boulangerie!

It's the result of two first days - chocolate truffles, caramel, nougat and etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm Nicholas and i'm from Singapore. I'll be starting term at Cordon Bleu this October 2008, doing the Le Grand Diplome. Will like to find out how the course has been for you and wheather you have any tips on how to do well for the course. My email is nic_holas_t@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers
Nick

BigCook said...

Hi Nicholas!
Sorry for the delay with my answer.
I believe you'll do the Diploma in 9 month, so your timetable will be pretty busy, 5 days, two or 3 sessions a day. If you are coming from this background (cooking) so it'll not be too new for you, as it was for me at the beginning. From term to term it's becoming harder, and the final exam is really hard, you supposed to show what have you learned and to prepare your own dish from the given ingredients. The chefs all very nice, helpful and very professional. I don't know what can I say more. If you have any specific question, don't hesitate to ask.
Good luck and enjoy.