Saturday 29 March 2008

From French to English...

What is British Cuisine?!
it's not so rich in taste as French Cuisine, but no doubt worth attention :-)
I'm going to tell you about some British dishes.

What about some fries early in the morning???!!!
It's eggs, bacon, sausages and beans (all fried) on breakfast. And if you hadn't got enough fries, you may have a potato fries as well. For that kind of breakfast I'll not be used to.






The next one is Jacket potato with choice of different toppings.
Jacket potato it's baked potato,skin on, cut in cross and topped for example with ham and cheese or baked beans in tomato sauce, or may be shrimps with mayo.



.
And here come FISH AND CHIPS. Deeply fried fish and chipped potatoes.
You may go on England streets and smell the fried fish. It is just everywhere. Only this smell makes me feel bad.





Shepherd's pie or Cottage pie - it's a traditional English dish made from minced meat and covered with mashed potato.
That's could be nice dish on your lunch, I have tried it today and it was quite tasty. The recipe will come later.


.
And finally it's Crumble for the desert - fruits covered with crumbled dough.
Apple and blueberry crumble is very popular, it's usually served with custard, cream or ice cream. I already made it several times, and it's very nice, since I like fruit deserts with ice cream. But I never have time to take a picture, it goes fast :-).

.





So, as far as we live here, in UK, I'm trying some local dishes, e.g. being a part of community :-)
I think the Jacket potato could be a nice option when you have nothing in the fridge:-)
Simply, put the potato in microwave, it's ready after .. minutes, cut the cross, grade some cheese and put for another 30 second to the microwave, and your magic meal is ready to eat!!!

And, of course, I completely forgot about porridge!
Even in "The Hound of the Baskervilles" by Arthur Conan Doyle (at least in it's Russian version)
Mr. Barrymore was serving the porridge to Sir Henry Baskerville :-)
Studying in Cordon Bleu, I was drinking my morning cup of coffee and watching some guys in suits ordering porridge!

As I already told, the recipes will come in my next posts.
And for now it's three days to go till my Israeli vacation.
I finally could sit on the beach and eat the light and tasty Israeli breakfast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.