Friday 7 March 2008

Sugar work

Here it came - three weeks of sugar work!
At the first lesson I thought: "OK, That's enough!"
We were doing poured sugar, modeling with sugar and finally blown sugar.
The nice thing about it that I couldn't taste it, and came back to my healthy eating!
Actually you can do anything from sugar. As our chef says:
"You can do anything!
Anything?
Oh, yes, anything!"
You just should cook the sugar with water and glucose syrup to 165 degrees C, and then add some colours and do anything! Anything??? Oh, yes, anything.
Well, this cooked sugar is pretty warm, I would say it's hot, and you should work it by hands.
And again, as chef says: "It's slightly warm, think about something nice, everything is in your head!".
When you work with cooked sugar you should wear the gloves, to protect the sugar from you (from the moisture of the body) and not to protect you from sugar:-).
The chef said : "If your gloves sticking to the sugar, it can happen to your skin too! It's slightly warm!"
At the end of the day I couldn't feel my fingers.
But then I found myself enjoying what I was doing, because again it was something beautiful at the end.

Take a look




No comments: